CIA Medical Scholarship
NOW ACCEPTING 2022 SUBMISSIONS – Deadline: June 1, 2022
The CIA Medical Scholarship was established to help students pursuing a post-secondary education with the cost of tuition and other expenses. Our annual essay-based scholarship is an opportunity to support the next generation of leaders and celebrate the healthcare professionals who have dedicated their lives to the service of others.
To apply for our scholarship, tell a story of how a healthcare worker has made a difference in your life or the life of someone near and dear to your heart. This person does not have to be a direct family member, but must be factually-based, and meaningful to you personally.
We are proud to announce that ten scholarships will be awarded in 2021 as follows: three $1000 awards and seven $250 awards.
The winning submission will be chosen based on several factors, including succinctness, word choice, flow, and the ability to tell an engaging story. This is not a grammar competition, nor a creative writing challenge.
- Maximum one submission per person.
- Must be a legal resident of the United States (or holding a valid student visa) studying at an accredited two or four-year program at a college in the U.S.
- Submission must be received on or before June 1, 2021. Submissions submitted after June 1, 2022 will apply to the 2023 scholarship.
- Address the topic of how a healthcare worker has made a difference in your life or the life of someone you know.
- Length must be greater than 1,000 and less than 3,000 words.
- Essays will be judged on story presentation, mechanics and organization.
- Profanity is allowed, but may be redacted if selected for publishing.
- Must be willing to have your essay published on our blog.
The winner will be contacted on or before August 1, 2022 by phone and/or email. Funds will be paid directly to the financial aid office of your school.
CIA MEDICAL SCHOLARSHIP PAST AWARD RECIPIENTS
Congratulations to the ten deserving students of our 2020 scholarship! We are moved by your essays recognizing the healthcare heroes and wish you the best with your academic and career goals.